Integris Health Edmond will begin accommodating patients on October 3, 2011. The city’s new hospital and medical office building is the second hospital in Edmond.
The $94 million hospital is built in a 200,000-square foot land on 44 acres on the northeast corner of 15th street and interstate 35. Governor Mary Fallin along with about 200 local, state leaders and several hospital officials already took a sneak-peek around the hospital this past week.
Governor Fallin was pleased with the new hospital and thanked Integris for the investing in the health care of Oklahoma and the creation of jobs in the state. Governor Fallin noted that these are not only jobs, but important jobs. The Governor also added that she felt as though she was coming to a country club with all the trees, landscaping and artworks. The hospital will look to be a beautiful addition to not only Edmond, but all of Oklahoma.
The hospital is forecasted to make a positive impact of $30 million in its first year of operation to the Edmond economy. President Avilla Williams of the Integris Health Edmond said about 95 percent of the hospital and medical offices are ready. Though the hospital will officially open on Oct. 3, the remaining 5 percent will be completed and open on Nov. 1.
A full-service emergency department, six intensive care units, 10 labor and delivery units and four surgical suites are found within the hospital. More than 200 physicians are granted with medical staff privileges to practice in the hospital. About 65 nurses are on staff according to Angie Kamermayer, chief nursing officer. Most of these nurses came from Edmond, however some of the staff has been pulled from other states, and even out of the country (France).