Cleaning at home is a lot easier when you have everything you need. Sure, it takes time to clean each room, especially the bathroom and the kitchen, but when you have all of the supplies you need, you will be able to work much easier and faster, allowing you to get back to what you really want to do.
Below are some of the essential cleaning supplies that every household should have:
- Microfiber cloth – Many homeowners use old rags to dust cabinets and furniture. Although they may come in handy for other uses, when it comes to dusting, a microfiber cloth is a much better option. Microfiber cloths gather more dust and dirt than ordinary rags that tend to just push it around. So, cleaning is done in no time and you don’t have to dust as frequently.
- All-purpose anti-bacterial spray cleaner – Yes, you need an anti-bacterial cleaner to thoroughly kill germs and bacteria and, yes, it should be an all-purpose cleaner. There are many specialized cleaning solutions out there, but an all-purpose cleaner will benefit you more. It takes up less space than a collection of multiple bottles, and it will save you money because you only need to buy one cleaner.
- Rubber gloves – Safety should always be a top priority, and using rubber gloves will help protect your hands from the harmful ingredients that are found in cleaning solutions. When using heavy duty cleaners, you may even want to use a disposable mask to avoid breathing in the fumes.
- Garbage bags – Whether you’re cleaning out a particular area of your home or simply using them for your trash cans, garbage bags are much more sanitary than throwing trash directly into the bin.
- Vacuum cleaner – When it comes to cleaning carpet and furniture, vacuum cleaners are the way to go in order to ensure you are truly getting everything clean. Invest in a high-quality vacuum cleaner that will last for several years.
- Baking soda – This may seem like an unlikely cleaning supply considering baking soda is used in food preparation, but this natural ingredient is also a life-saver when it comes to removing stains, odors, and tough grime.
- Toilet bowl cleaner – Your toilet bowl is one area that does require more than a basic all-purpose cleaning solution. Use toilet bowl cleaner regularly in order to protect your family from germs.
- Mops and brooms – A good mop and a strong broom are absolutely essential maintaining a clean, dirt-free floor.
- Sponges, brushes, and scrubbers – These items help to get rid of tough stains, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms.